Welcome to month 12 of the Elegance and Enchantment Creative Challenge: dessert decorating! If you are just stumbling across this post and want to read more about the origins of the challenge and how you can get involved, I encourage you to start with this post. You can check out recaps from our other challenges here:
Challenge 1 // Challenge 2 // Challenge 3 // Challenge 4 // Challenge 5 // Challenge 6 // Challenge 7 // Challenge 8 // Challenge 9 // Challenge 10
Challenge 12 will take place from December 11th – January 8th, but please take extra days if you need them. What better time than the holidays, to whip up some desserts that look as good as they taste?
I’m so happy to have the Creative Challenge Community along with me for this month’s adventure. As always, I’m looking forward to seeing the talents of these awesomely creative folks come to life in their projects.
Here are some DIY dessert decorating ideas to try out:
1. Bake up a batch of sugar cookies and decorate each one with a different design.
2. Play “Ace of Cakes” and create a special cake or cupcakes in a certain theme.
3. Create a classic looking Gingerbread House (a great one to get the kids involved with).
4. Start practicing for the spring, creating edible flowers that can be added to any dessert!
5. Learn to make the perfect cupcake, playing around with different piping options.
Looking for some dessert decorating tips from the pros? Here are some great resources for you to check out.
– Classes at your local town center, museum, or adult continuing education
– And of course, Pinterest!
Remember to share your creative projects with the community!
1. Join the official Creative Challenge Facebook Group
Ask questions about technique, share your struggles and show off your progress
2. Collaborate in the Creative Challenge Pinterest Board
Share your favorite projects, tips and tutorials. Please request to contribute to this board by following the board, following me, and leaving a comment on one of the board’s pins asking to be added. All are welcome!
3. Use the hashtag #EECreativeChallenge
Snap photos of your work and share on Instagram
4. Write your own blog posts chronicling your creative journey
I’m happy to promote, pin and share!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, you’ll help support Elegance & Enchantment, and you’ll receive some amazing stuff, too. Whohoo!
Top Photo by Elena Veselova